Thursday, November 19, 2009

Some Praise For Our City Officials

It’s be awhile since I posted my last comments about our local city officials. I was giving you the Citizens of Paris time to read my blog and give me your feedback. I must say that I am very encouraged by the amount of people visiting my blog.

A few of you have made positive comments on the blog for all to see. A larger group of you sent me e-mails of support with a lot of very good feedback.
As I stated on my blog, I will not publish e-mails for all to see unless you specifically ask me to in your e-mail. I am encouraged to keep this blog going and hopefully our city officials will allow the public a lot more information about what our local government is doing. We deserve full transparency from our City of Paris Officials.


I DO NOT WANT TO KEEP UP THIS NEGATIVE ATTITUDE THAT HAS DEVELOPED BETWEEN MYSELF AND CITY OFFICIALS.
All I want is that they give answers to the public when questions are asked of them, instead of just acting like they don’t even have to respond. Who wouldn’t be discouraged at them for being treated in such a manner.


Just like the title line of this blog says: Give city officials praise when they deserve it, but don't be afraid to speak out when you think they are wrong.
I am now going to give them some praise because they have done a couple of the items I ask them to consider in my "Website Letter to City of Paris".
On their website the Commissioners Tab: They have finally posted the Minutes of the regular Commissioners meetings and Special Meetings!
I want to take this opportunity to thank them and ask that they continue posting more of the items I requested in my letter to them for all to see.

Until the next time, THANKS FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT


John Marshall

3 comments:

  1. i am glad you are speaking out! paris is my hometown. they should not shut the public out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of you have a voice in your government. You need to make sure they are making decisions that benefit all and not just a choice few. I urge you to speak out for yourself.

    John Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you John Marshall for speaking up at City Council meetings. The vast majority of people in Paris are afraid to speak up for themselves, and it is nice for someone like you to come along and serve them. Keep it up!!!! Good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please Feel Free To Make Your Own Comments. I encourage everyone that visits this blog to leave a comment agree or disagree. Tell me topics or concerns you want me to write about.
or you can email me jgmparis@gmail.com