Thursday, November 5, 2009

Reason for this blog

I have created this blog to express my thoughts about Paris City Officials lack of sharing information with the public. It is also for all citizens of Paris Kentucky to post your comments.
I wanted to share my experiences with city officials this year by publishing them as a letter to the editor through our local paper "The Bourbon County Citizen"
They where kind enough to publish my first letter of about 500 words in the August 19th paper that was titled: Paris Resident Disappointment With City Officials Actions.
I spoke to the editor of the paper on Thursday October 29th about publishing another letter for me. He said they could, so on Monday November 2nd I took a long letter of about 3000 words to the news paper office. I spoke to the editors mother and she indicated that they would publish it but could I shorten it down some.
In fairness to the paper, my letter was way longer than what their guidelines state it could be. They were willing publish it for me at the rate of 300 words each week. It would take about 2 1/2 months to get it all published. I didn’t want to drag it out that long so I created this blog.

2 comments:

Please Feel Free To Make Your Own Comments. I encourage everyone that visits this blog to leave a comment agree or disagree. Tell me topics or concerns you want me to write about.
or you can email me jgmparis@gmail.com