Saturday, December 5, 2009

City of Paris Budget?

I seem to re-call a newspaper article back in May/June time frame about a potential short fall in the 2009/2010 Budget. Since then very little has been said about it. It would be nice to know if our City of Paris budget is ok? Are they running in the black, balanced, or in the red? Who Knows?

As you know I requested City of Paris to post the financial information on their website this past September. This was just one of several items in my “Website Letter to City Officials.”

I noted to you in my post of 11/19/09 they did finally post the minutes of the commissioners meetings on the web. If you take time to read through the minutes they have a little financial information listed. They have Bills for Approval to the General Fund and Utility Fund.

One thing I see they are constantly doing is taken money from the Utility Fund and putting it in the General Fund. Some times they call it an advance other times it’s called an Allocation? Either way this looks a little fuzzy? Why are they doing this? I thought each fund was independent of the other?

Obviously this is just an observation from me, I certainly am not indicating wrong doing. I only am a concerned citizen wanting to see our tax dollars are being spent in the best interest for all.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel Free To Make Your Own Comments. I encourage everyone that visits this blog to leave a comment agree or disagree. Tell me topics or concerns you want me to write about.
or you can email me jgmparis@gmail.com